Followers

Saturday 6 April 2013

Introducing the Team

Hi there, I am delighted to introduce to you my amazing team. One by one I will present to you my Dragonfly Girls...

starting with Barb Owens
You can hop on over and check out her blog here

Introducing myself without writing a novel...tricky.




Hello all! About myself, my name is Barb Owens, I am 38, married 13 years and have 2 girls, who are pure light, ages 5 and 3. I was a Teacher Assistant before being blessed enough to stay home with my girls. My husband is a Teacher and a true partner so that I have time to craft. He says of my crafting, "whatever keeps you sane-r", lol. We built a house on the north quarter of my parents' land (where I grew up) overlooking the river valley. It is our little patch of God's green acre(s). We live just outside of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. Moose Jaw is home to the Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds (not the kind that go to the States for Winter, although we have those 'snowbirds' in Moose Jaw too) but the Air Demonstration Squadron. So we are treated to frequent Air Shows, which is pretty cool.
About my crafting, I knit, scrapbook and make cards. I started out as a scrapbooker around 15 years ago, I used 8 1/2" x 11" papers and albums. I was dragged kicking and screaming into using 12" x 12" papers and albums. I had no idea how I would ever fill all that space, if you can believe that ;) I started cardmaking and blogging around the same time, about 2 years ago. I replaced my Cricut with a Silhouette and I use it for every page, card, and home decor project I do. I LOVE it! Cardmaking fast took over, I think because it feels so good to get something accomplished in one night whereas my scrapbook pages seem to take a lot longer. But I do feel quite guilty about falling (more) behind in my scrapbooking. And digi images are my favorites. I can print off 2 as coloring pages for my girls and resize 1 to the size I need and we can all color together. Too fun.
My favorite part of being on a Design Team is visiting and commenting on other blogs. There is so much inspiration and talent out there! Thank-you for sharing your creations and for letting me be a part of this crafty blogging world!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Barb, how wonderful, it's so great to get to know our Design Team. Please check out Barb's blog and keep checking in as I introduce the rest of the Team over the month of April....
Blessings Hilde 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb,
    Pleased to meet you. You popped up on my readers list this morning (whatever are we going to do when blogger finally takes it away!). Off to have a look see round your blog.
    Hugs Mrs A. (from a suprisingly sunny day here in England).

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy reading your comments